I am very honored to be a Scott Jedlinski Modern Samurai Project Endorsed Instructor. Scott recognized the need for training with the red dot sight/pistol optics, and is one of the leading red dot/AIWB instructors. We are proud to be endorsed by him, and to also host his classes a couple times per year at our range in Dahlonega, GA. If you shoot a pistol w red dots then attending his classes are a MUST.
My expertise is primarily in the context of the armed citizen. While I still occasionally shoot from strong side holster, and use iron sights, I have switched to red dot optic sighting system that has several benefits.
The pistol mounted red dot/pistol optic is excellent for quick and precise target acquisition, allowing a focus on the target. Transitions are greatly enhanced due to the simplicity of using the dot aligned on the target, as opposed to the three focal planes of iron sights. If you have vision issues, the dot may be the solution for you. I primarily carry in the appendix position which allows for a quicker draw, and improved weapon retention. Instruction in the proper draw stroke improves the use and safety of appendix carry, and in addition allows you to find the dot sooner. If you would like to ONLY FOCUS on Red Dot Sights then this is the class for YOU. This class will prepare you to get the most out of the red dot sight, and avoid time consuming mistakes in your training.
Come to Georgia or HOST US on your turf! Contact Shelley for details.
The way we aim our firearm is an area that sees constant improvement. Over a decade ago rifle optics went through significant changes with the introduction of red dot sights. These sights offered a tremendous advantage in speed, accuracy, and application. Unfortunately, back then, optics for pistols were not as easy to set up or robust enough for every day use.
Times have changed and now most companies offer pistols ready to accept red dot sights straight from the factory. We now have a wide selection of red dot sights that are ready for every day carry.
Pistol optic sights offer a number of advantages for the pistol shooter.
All of these factors are significant advantages for the shooter but IT WILL require an understanding of the red dot sighting system.
This 2 day class will prepare you to get the most out of the red dot/pistol optic sights and introduce you to a training methodology that will allow you to take advantage of these benefits. This class will also help avoid time consuming mistakes in your training while learning the use of red dots.
The following subjects will be covered:
- Red Dot Sights/Pistol Optics ONLY
- Pistol w/holster (strong side, inside, outside waistband or appendix is fine)
- Holsters that collapse (leather, soft, etc.) when drawn will NOT be allowed on our range. NO SERPA HOLSTERS will be allowed on our range. Please make note that if you show up with any of the above, we will ask you to CHANGE so you can comply with our range rules.
- Duty belt/rig is APPROVED
- Please make note that the range MAY be muddy due to inclement weather and/or previous rain fall so keep that in mind when it comes to foot attire. OH, AND there are tiny natural springs throughout the grounds that keep parts of the range moist.
- Concealment garment is NOT required but strongly encouraged. Please make note, there is NO concealment with DUTY RIG.
- 2 day course: 300 rounds of factory loaded ammunition
- ALWAYS bring an additional 100 round to ANY course you attend. You never know when you will need it
- Magazine pouch (if none don’t worry pockets work well)
- A sturdy belt for the holster and magazine pouches (try your gear on prior to class)
- Extra magazines: Double Stack x 3 mags and Single stack x 4 or more mags
- Eye & ear protection (foam inserts or muffs – electronic muffs recommended)
- "Back up” gun if you got it
- Proper OUTDOOR weather attire
- Hat with bill.... this is WHY!
- Sunblock and bug spray (as needed)
- 1 Gallon of hydration and a sack lunch (30 minute lunch) x 2 if you are attending a 2 day course
Red Dot Concepts:
10am-6:00pm (arrive 9:30am)
$390 per person 2 day course per person
$312 per person 2 day course (for alumni)
List of Hotels/Lodging options in Dahlonega, GA
Inclement Weather: If the weather or driving conditions pose a threat to our students or our coaches then we will postpone class. If not, the class will go forth as scheduled rain or shine.
Cancellation Policy: If The Complete Combatant does not meet the required number of students within 7 days prior to class or we have to cancel for any reason then a FULL refund will be given to you or you may opt to attend a future class.
If you have to cancel for any reason up to 30 days prior to class then a FULL refund will be given to you. Anything UNDER 30 days then NO REFUND will be given but you are invited to attend another class that The Complete Combatant offers within 6 months of the original class date. Please make note: if you have cancelled class twice then you will not be allowed to reschedule class a third time while "riding on" the original payment. You are most welcome on our range but you would need to register again at the regular class fee.
EXCEPTION TO THE RULE ABOVE: If we have a SOLD OUT class, I will stop marketing and close down registration for that specific class since it is full. If you cancel anytime AFTER I have done this (no matter the "timeline") then you will NOT receive a refund because I have closed down all avenues of marketing. You are most welcome on our range but you would need to register again at the regular class fee.
You will register/pay for courses online. Keep the receipt, payment is your first confirmation. Your second and official confirmation from me will arrive via email about a week prior to class (check your SPAM). Please arrive to class 30 minutes early to complete waivers and registration.
The Complete Combatant follows Col. Jeff Cooper's Rules of Gun Safety
REMINDER: Brian Hill offers 1 hour - 4 hour SPECIFIC TO Red Dot Systems