“I have been a Martial Arts student in the Marietta, Georgia area since I was 14, and an instructor since I was 18. Training & instructing in combative firearm techniques, martial arts, and physical fitness have always been my passion. I believe that you must be a student for life and train to be creative and adapt. Look for opportunities that may save your life in a combative situation. I live in Woodstock with my wife Shelley “the indispensable organizational wizard”, I have a beautiful step-daughter Alexandria, a “like minded” son-in-law Clay, and 2 amazing grandchildren Emmett and Grayson. I am very blessed”.
Brian is owner and head instructor of The Complete Combatant and Fusion Fitness and Mixed Martial Arts in Marietta, GA. Brian is also a Public Speaker and an Expert Witness.
Brian Hill is a Rangemaster Certified Instructor of Tom Givens Rangemaster's Instructor Development Course and has trained in Pistol, Rifle and Precision Rifle for many years as an instructor and a student. Brian has been invited to present a 4 hour live fire session of his “Practice and Refinement for the Armed Citizen” at Rangemaster's Tactical Conference. The next Tac Con is March 15, 16 and 17, 2019 in NEW ORLEANS!
Brian Hill is a 4th degree Black belt in Karate and Japanese Jiu-Jitsu, a 3rd degree Black belt in Taekwondo and a certified MMA Conditioning Coach. He has been a full time instructor since he was 18 and he personally trains everyday. His Fusion MMA student base starts at age 4 and reaches age 70! Brian is also approved by the State of Georgia to present self defense/Proactive mindset classes to Real Estate Agents for 3 CE credits.
Brian Hill has GRADUATED with HONORS (A = Excellent per Andrew Branca) from Andrew Branca's Law of Self Defense Instructor Program! This program provides professional-level understanding of the theory and application of self-defense law.
Brian is a member of Active Self Protection's (ASP) Instructor Development Portal and is one of the qualified instructors listed on ASP's Instructor Directory on behalf of The Complete Combatant and Fusion MMA.
Brian Hill is an active Trusted Supporter (past Board member) at Racheal's Rest. Racheal’s Rest is a 501c3 nonprofit organization that offers private counseling and five-day restorative retreat programs designed to address the physical, emotional and spiritual needs of survivors. They exist to help women and children who experienced sexual abuse or acts of violence regain their balance in life. Racheal's Rest is Fusion MMA and The Complete Combatant's featured charity. We invite you to visit Racheal's Rest's website and please consider donating a gift of any size. THANK YOU!
Continuing Education/Certifications/Alumni of:
- Ranagemaster's Advanced Instructors Course
- Rangemaster's Defensive Revolver
- Pistol Shooting Solutions with Gabe White: Earned "Dark Pin"
- Rangemaster Tac Con 2019:
- John Farnam: Domestic Domestic Handgunning
- Taught a 4 hour Block: Practice and Refinement for the Armed Citizens
- POLITE SOCIETY SHOOTING MATCH: Brian shot a perfect score in the match (one of only 4 people), a 99 out of 100 (cold) in the semi finals, and made it to the final 4 out of 16 shooters. THIS WAS A FUN SHOOT OFF TO WATCH!
- Red Dot Sight Class with Scott Jedlinski of Modern Samurai Project
- Social Shotgun with Lee Weems of First Person Safety
- Rangemaster Defensive Shotgun
- Larry Lindenman of Point Driven Training's JACKS & SAPS
- Active Self Protection's "Lesson's Learned from Watching 15,000 Gun Fights"
- Rangemaster Instructors Conference & Reunion
- Myths, Misconceptions and Solutions in the Firearms Training World by Claude Werner aka The Tactical Professor
- Defensive Pistol Clinic with Lee Weems of First Person Safety
- Adaptive Combat Pistol with Dave Spaulding
- Pistol Shooting Solutions with Gabe White: Earned the "Dark Pin"
- Tac Con (Rangemaster) 2018
- Rangemaster Assistant Instructor/Range Safety Officer for Claude Werner, Chuck Haggard and Gabe White
- J. Farnam: Urban Rifle
- Massad Ayoob: Unconventional Wisdom
- E. Langdon: Fear not the Double Action Shot
- POLITE SOCIETY SHOOTING MATCH: Paper Qualifier = 200/200, Semi- Finals = 98/100, and made it to the SHOOT OFF with the top 16 shooters.
- MORE Pistol Skills with Lee Weems of First Person Safety
- Rangemaster Instructor Reunion (placed 5th at Rangemaster’s Instructor’s Reunion shooting competition) 2017
- RangeMaster's Instructor Course with Tom Givens
- Tac Con (Rangemaster) 2017 :
- Erik Pakiese: Force on Force
- Karl Rehn: Beyond the 1%
- Chuck Haggard: Ammo selection
- Spencer keepers: Appendix (aiwb) skills
- Chuck Haggard: Maximum effective range
- Skip Grochenour: Problems 1 & 2
- Kevin Davis: Preparing for the FIGHT
- Massas Ayoob & Marty Hayes: The firearms instructor as an expert witness
- POLITE SOCIETY SHOOTING MATCH: Placed 24th out of 207 competitors
- Law of Self Defense with Andrew Branca
- Violent Criminals and YOU: A Thinker's Approach to Personal and Family Protection with William Aprill & Claude Werner aka Tactical Professor
- OODA LOOP with Claude Werner aka Tactical Professor
- Police-Citizen Contacts with Lee Weems of First Person Safety
- Tac Med EDC with Caleb Causey of Lone Star Medics
- Martial Blade Concepts
- Red Dawn Response I & II with Craig “SAWMAN” Sawyer of Tactical Insider
- Hard Target w Craig “SAWMAN” Sawyer of Tactical Insider
- Tactical Response
- Lethal Force Institute
- Defensive Tactics for Law Enforcement
- Center Mass Tactical Training (CMTT)
- Brian as trained, and holds, teaching degrees in Karate, Jiu jitsu, Tae kwon Do, Mixed Martial Arts, Kickboxing, Pistol, Sword and Edged Weapons
- Over 30 years experience in training & instructional combative firearm techniques and Martial Arts
- Competes in IDPA (International Defensive Pistol Association) matches
- Accredited through the State of Georgia to offer 3 CE credits to Real Estate Agents in the Mindset & Safety 3 hour class
- Member of Active Self Protection Instructor Development Portal
- Former deputy with the Fulton County Sheriff’s Department Reserve
- Received Certification in Okazaki Restorative Massage
- Continuing education all over the country since 1981
- NRA and Georgiacarry.org member