— You are the Weapon --
“I have been a Martial Arts student in the Marietta, Georgia area since I was 14, and an instructor since I was 18. Training & instructing in combative firearm techniques, martial arts, and physical fitness have always been my passion. I believe that you must be a student for life and train to be creative and adapt. Look for opportunities that may save your life in a combative situation. I live in Woodstock with my wife Shelley “the indispensable organizational wizard”, I have a beautiful step-daughter Alexandria, a “like minded” son-in-law Clay, and 2 amazing grandchildren Emmett and Grayson. I am very blessed”.
You are the weapon,
Brian is owner and head instructor of The Complete Combatant and Fusion Fitness and Mixed Martial Arts in Marietta, GA. Brian holds 4th degree Black Belt in Karate, 4th in Jiu Jitsu, and 3rd in Tae kwon Do. He trains Mixed Martial Arts, Pistol, Rifle, Precision Shooting, Sword and Edged Weapons and has over 30 years experience in training & instructional combative firearm techniques and Martial Arts. Brian is a member of NRA and GeorgiaCarry.org, a Public Speaker and an Expert Witness.
Brian Hill is a Rangemaster Certified Instructor of Tom Givens Rangemaster's Instructor Development Course and has trained in Pistol, Rifle and Precision Rifle for many years as an instructor and a student.
Brian Hill has GRADUATED with HONORS (A = Excellent per Andrew Branca) from Andrew Branca's Law of Self Defense Instructor Program! This program provides professional-level understanding of the theory and application of self-defense law. This will provide a foundation of knowledge of the theory and application of self-defense law, at a depth unavailable anywhere but law school (and not even in the large majority of those). As a result, our students can be confident that our self-defense law instruction is well-informed and tested, our ability to analyze the legal aspects of hypothetical self-defense scenarios is well-founded, and that Brian can be trusted to advise you when you need to consult with an actual attorney.
Brian is a member of Active Self Protection's (ASP) Instructor Development Portal and is one of the qualified instructors listed on ASP's Instructor Directory on behalf of The Complete Combatant and Fusion MMA.
Brian Hill is a Board Member at Racheal's Rest. Racheal’s Rest is a 501c3 nonprofit organization that offers private counseling and five-day restorative retreat programs designed to address the physical, emotional and spiritual needs of survivors. They exist to help women and children who experienced sexual abuse or acts of violence regain their balance in life. Racheal's Rest is Fusion MMA and The Complete Combatant's featured charity. We invite you to visit Racheal's Rest's website and please consider donating a gift of any size. THANK YOU!
Continuing Education/Certifications/Alumni of:
- Pistol Shooting Solutions with Gabe White: Earned the "Dark Pin"
- Tac Con (Rangemaster) 2018
- Rangemaster Assistant Instructor/Range Safety Officer for Claude Werner, Chuck Haggard and Gabe White
- J. Farnam: Urban Rifle
- Massad Ayoob: Unconventional Wisdom
- E. Langdon: Fear not the Double Action Shot
- POLITE SOCIETY SHOOTING MATCH: Paper Qualifier = 200/200, Semi- Finals = 98/100, and made it to the SHOOT OFF with the top 16 shooters.
- MORE Pistol Skills with Lee Weems of First Person Safety
- Rangemaster Instructor Reunion (placed 5th at Rangemaster’s Instructor’s Reunion shooting competition) 2017
- RangeMaster's Instructor Course with Tom Givens
- Tac Con (Rangemaster) 2017 :
- Erik Pakiese: Force on Force
- Karl Rehn: Beyond the 1%
- Chuck Haggard: Ammo selection
- Spencer keepers: Appendix (aiwb) skills
- Chuck Haggard: Maximum effective range
- Skip Grochenour: Problems 1 & 2
- Kevin Davis: Preparing for the FIGHT
- Massas Ayoob & Marty Hayes: The firearms instructor as an expert witness
- POLITE SOCIETY SHOOTING MATCH: Placed 24th out of 207 competitors
- Law of Self Defense with Andrew Branca
- Violent Criminals and YOU: A Thinker's Approach to Personal and Family Protection with William Aprill & Claude Werner aka Tactical Professor
- OODA LOOP with Claude Werner aka Tactical Professor
- Police-Citizen Contacts with Lee Weems of First Person Safety
- Tac Med EDC with Caleb Causey of Lone Star Medics
- Martial Blade Concepts
- Red Dawn Response I & II with Craig “SAWMAN” Sawyer of Tactical Insider
- Hard Target w Craig “SAWMAN” Sawyer of Tactical Insider
- Tactical Response
- Lethal Force Institute
- Defensive Tactics for Law Enforcement
- Center Mass Tactical Training (CMTT)
- Brian as trained, and holds, teaching degrees in Karate, Jiu jitsu, Muay Thai, Tae kwon Do, Mixed Martial Arts, Kickboxing, Pistol, Rifle, Precision Shooting, Sword and Edged Weapons
- Over 30 years experience in training & instructional combative firearm techniques and Martial Arts
- Competes in IDPA (International Defensive Pistol Association) matches
- Accredited through the State of Georgia to offer 3 CE credits to Real Estate Agents in the Mindset & Safety 3 hour class
- Member of Active Self Protection Instructor Development Portal
- Former deputy with the Fulton County Sheriff’s Department Reserve
- Received Certification in Okazaki Restorative Massage
- Certified MMA Conditioning Coach with National Exercise & Sport Trainers Association (NESTA)
- Continuing education all over the country since 1981
Co-Instructor of Center Mass Tactical Training: At CMTT we are lifelong learners in pursuit of bringing the finest course content to our students.
Fundamentals are not “basic”. They are the foundation upon which we build our ability to solve a multitude of problems. We stress key marksmanship fundamentals within every course while focusing on the refinement of those fundamentals under practical circumstances. Our approach enables students to get past the active thinking aspect of shooting allowing them to focus on problem solving. There are no advanced fundamentals. There is only the advanced application of fundamentals within increasingly challenging scenarios.