We are so very proud to announce that Day 2 of The Mingle 2019 is 100% sponsored by HK USA! That means GIFTS and PERKS PERKS PERKS!!
Please CLICK HERE for general The Mingle information on what to expect, who is invited, day 1 & day 2 basics, about our featured charity,
our Nationwide Training Raffle and our hashtag photo contest.
Please CLICK HERE for The Mingle 2019 event details.
Day 1 Saturday, May 18th, 2019: Mari's Cucina and Social House
Day 2 Sunday, May 19th, 2019: Location is at our private range in Dahlonega, GA
SOLD OUT! Day 2 Sunday, May 19th, 2019 LIVE FIRE blocks including decisional drills and a qual for FIREARMS INSTRUCTORS and EXPERIENCED STUDENTS ONLY (experienced shooters = embraces the 4 lifestyle safety rules, has taken a professional live fire class and is familiar with expectations on the line) .
LOCATION: PRIVATE Dahlonega Range
List of Hotels/Lodging options in Dahlonega, GA
Projected Day 2 schedule (will change as needed to accommodate):
8:30am Ladies arrive
9am Introduction, safety brief and medical plan. MUST be present
9:45am-10:15am A few words from our sponsor and SHOOT a couple HKs!
10:30am-12:45pm = Brian Hill of The Complete Combatant
1:30pm-3:30pm = Claude Werner aka The Tactical Professor
3:30pm - 3:45pm BREAK
3:45pm-5:00pm = Shelley Hill, Brian Hill & Claude Werner TEAM UP for this last block including decisional drills and a qualification!
5:00pm-5:30pm Range clean up
5:30pm-6pm Closing statements, HK GIVEAWAY and SWAG Bags!
PAST INDUSTRY GUESTS: I still have your email addresses so you will be automatically invited as you are grandfathered in! You will now register to attend through Eventbrite. The Mingle is still by invitation-only so you will receive an email with an invite to attend and the PASSWORD to view the event page. Feel free to contact me and REQUEST the Eventbrite registration PASSWORD.
NEW INDUSTRY GUESTS: Click on THE MINGLE 2019, scroll down to the bottom of this page and fill out the "INVITE ME" section. Once approved, you will receive an Eventbrite invite from me /The Complete Combatant and the PASSWORD to view the event page.
There are only 65 spots available on Saturday and 24 spots available on Sunday so we will use the "first come first serve" system. We WILL have a waiting list so please make note that last minute NON-EMERGENCY cancellations will be frowned upon and any NO SHOWS will not be invited back.
REGISTRATION for The Mingle 2019 is OPEN. What to expect:
Day 2 is 100% sponsored by HK USA!!! That means Day 2 PERKS PERKS PERKS!
HK will be bringing a VP9 and a VP9SK for you to shoot
CONGRATS to our 2019 HK winner! Mary Ann Bello has chosen to get a VP9SK! She LOVED the holsters and has already contacted her local range to get the HK of her choice sent to her. FUN!
Please make note that Day 1, Saturday The Mingle is held in Alpharetta (Johns Creek) and Day 2, Sunday The Mingle is held in Dahlonega. These locations are about 40 minutes apart. You can grab a hotel in Alpharetta, Johns Creek, Dahlonega or anywhere IN BETWEEN! Here is a list of Hotels/Lodging in Dahlonega, GA. Feel free to research other options...
Very special THANK YOU to our Instructors and Day 2 volunteers! These special people are pillars in our community and we are humbled that they have taken the time out of their weekend to help us during Day 2 The Mingle! Each volunteer is an instructor and/or Range Safety Officer (RSO)...boy are we spoiled or what??!!
Brian Hill Claude Werner Tamara Kosoris
Gedde Wilson Shannon Pable Steve Havey Carl Hirt Jr
- Please note that this gear list is MANDATORY
- 300 rounds of ammo (ball or target)
- NOTE: I usually bring an extra 100 rounds when I attend a class
- LUNCH, Snack and Hydration (HK will also provide snacks/hydration)
- Pistol w/holster that will not collapse when drawn (strong side, inside, outside waistband or appendix is fine)
- NO SERPA HOLSTERS or collapsible holsters
- Please make note that the range MAY be muddy due to inclement weather and/or previous rain fall so keep that in mind when it comes to foot attire. OH, AND there are tiny natural springs throughout the grounds that keep parts of the range moist
- Concealment garment is encouraged in Brian's 2 hour block but not required.
- At least one spare magazine or speedloader
- Magazine pouch/carrier (if none don’t worry pockets work)
- A sturdy belt for the holster and magazine pouches (try your gear on prior to class)
- Eye & ear protection (foam inserts or muffs – electronic muffs recommended)
- "Back up” gun if you got it. You never know when a failure will occur and screw up your whole training day
- Proper OUTDOOR weather attire
- A LARGE plastic bag to use as a barrier between your range gear and the ground (this is a life savor if the ground is wet). Consider bringing 2 bags so one can cover up your gear if raining
- Hat with bill.... this is WHY!
- Sunblock and bug spray (as needed)
- OPTIONAL: Knee pads to use during "brass" range clean up
- OPTIONAL: a lawn chair/picnic blanket to use during breaks and lunch
The Complete Combatant follows Col. Jeff Cooper's Rules of Gun Safety
RULE I: ALL GUNS ARE ALWAYS LOADED
RULE II: NEVER LET THE MUZZLE COVER ANYTHING YOU ARE NOT WILLING TO DESTROY
RULE III: KEEP YOUR FINGER OFF THE TRIGGER UNTIL YOUR SIGHTS ARE ON THE TARGET
RULE IV: BE SURE OF YOUR TARGET
10:30am-12:30pm Brian Hill of The Complete Combatant
Developing the Concealed Draw:
Being able to present the pistol in personal protection is the crucial skill for the armed citizen. Fundamentals and developing a repeatable, efficient, and accurate draw stroke will be the focus of this block of instruction. How distance and target size change the arc of readiness during a self defense encounter. A holster will be required in class as a portion of this block will be dry practice and the rest will be drawing from the holster.
1:15pm-3:15pm Claude Werner aka The Tactical Professor
Close Range Precision Marksmanship:
The requirement to deliver an accurate shot on a small target at conversational distance occurs regularly in Personal Protection incidents. This class will equip clients with the requisite skills and practice tasks that will allow them to feel confidence in their abilities to perform at the level required for such an incident. A holster will be required to secure the pistol during the class but the class will not require drawing from the holster.
3:30pm-5:00pm Shelley Hill & Brian Hill
Image Based Decisional Drills with Shelley Hill
Qualification with Brian Hill
Today you have worked on your fundamentals, draw from concealment, and accuracy. This last block will focus on IMAGE BASED DECISIONAL drills and a QUALIFICATION.
We encourage you to take a photo of your qualification target for your records and to continue your journey of high accuracy standards for yourself, your peers and your students. This 10 round course of fire will be printed and added to your Day 2 SWAG bag.