We are so very proud to announce that Day 2 of The Mingle 2020 is sponsored by HK USA for the 2nd year in a row! That means GIFTS and PERKS PERKS PERKS!!
Please CLICK HERE for general The Mingle information on what to expect, who is invited, day 1 & day 2 basics, about our featured charity,
our Nationwide Training Raffle and our hashtag photo contest.
Below are a few of The Mingle 2020 Day 2 event details. Dates are in stone but event details are not yet. Everything for 2020 will be finalized by January 1st, 2020.
Registration will be open at that time.
Day 1 Saturday, May 16th, 2020: Mari's Cucina and Social House
Day 2 Sunday, May 17th, 2020: Location is at our private range in Dahlonega, GA
Day 2 Sunday, May 16th, 2019 LIVE FIRE blocks including decisional drills and a qual for FIREARMS INSTRUCTORS and EXPERIENCED STUDENTS ONLY (experienced shooters = embraces the 4 lifestyle safety rules, has taken a professional live fire class and is familiar with expectations on the line) .
LOCATION: PRIVATE Dahlonega Range
List of Hotels/Lodging options in Dahlonega, GA
Projected Day 2 schedule (will change as needed to accommodate):
8:30am Ladies arrive
9am Introduction, safety brief and medical plan. MUST be present
9:30am-10:15am A few words from our sponsor and SHOOT a couple HKs!
10:30am-12:45pm = Brian Hill of The Complete Combatant
1:30pm-3:45pm = Lee Weems OR Tiffany Johnson
3:45pm - 4:00pm BREAK
4:00pm-5:30pm = Shelley Hill & Brian Hill: Decisional Drills and Standards!
5:30pm-5:45pm Range clean up
5:45pm-6pm Closing statements, HK GIVEAWAY and SWAG Bags!
PAST INDUSTRY GUESTS: I still have your email addresses so you will be automatically invited as you are grandfathered in! You will now register to attend through Eventbrite. The Mingle is still by invitation-only so you will receive an email with an invite to attend and the PASSWORD to view the event page. Feel free to contact me and REQUEST the Eventbrite registration PASSWORD.
NEW INDUSTRY GUESTS: Click on THE MINGLE 2020, scroll down to the bottom of this page and fill out the "INVITE ME" section. Once approved, you will receive an Eventbrite invite from me /The Complete Combatant and the PASSWORD to view the event page.
There are only 55 spots available on Saturday and 24 spots available on Sunday so we will use the "first come first serve" system. We WILL have a waiting list so please make note that last minute NON-EMERGENCY cancellations will be frowned upon and any NO SHOWS will not be invited back.
REGISTRATION for The Mingle 2019 is OPEN. What to expect:
Day 2 is 100% sponsored by HK USA!!! That means Day 2 PERKS PERKS PERKS!
HK will be bringing a VP9 and a VP9SK for you to shoot
Please make note that Day 1, Saturday The Mingle is held in Alpharetta (Johns Creek) and Day 2, Sunday The Mingle is held in Dahlonega. These locations are about 40 minutes apart. You can grab a hotel in Alpharetta, Johns Creek, Dahlonega or anywhere IN BETWEEN! Here is a list of Hotels/Lodging in Dahlonega, GA. Feel free to research other options...
Very special THANK YOU to our Instructors and Day 2 volunteers!
Brian Hill Lee Weems Tiffany Johnson
Shannon Pable Steve Havey Gedde Wilson
- Please note that this gear list is MANDATORY
- 300 rounds of ammo (ball or target)
- NOTE: I usually bring an extra 100 rounds when I attend a class
- LUNCH, Snack and Hydration (HK will also provide snacks/hydration)
- Pistol w/holster that will not collapse when drawn (strong side, inside, outside waistband or appendix is fine)
- NO SERPA HOLSTERS or collapsible holsters
- Please make note that the range MAY be muddy due to inclement weather and/or previous rain fall so keep that in mind when it comes to foot attire. OH, AND there are tiny natural springs throughout the grounds that keep parts of the range moist
- Concealment garment is encouraged but not required.
- At least one spare magazine or speedloader
- Magazine pouch/carrier (if none don’t worry pockets work)
- A sturdy belt for the holster and magazine pouches (try your gear on prior to class)
- Eye & ear protection (foam inserts or muffs – electronic muffs recommended)
- "Back up” gun if you got it. You never know when a failure will occur and screw up your whole training day
- Proper OUTDOOR weather attire
- A LARGE plastic bag to use as a barrier between your range gear and the ground (this is a life savor if the ground is wet). Consider bringing 2 bags so one can cover up your gear if raining
- Hat with bill.... this is WHY!
- Sunblock and bug spray (as needed)
- OPTIONAL: Knee pads to use during "brass" range clean up
- OPTIONAL: Bring a lawn chair to use during opening statements, breaks and lunch
The Complete Combatant follows Col. Jeff Cooper's Rules of Gun Safety
RULE I: ALL GUNS ARE ALWAYS LOADED
RULE II: NEVER LET THE MUZZLE COVER ANYTHING YOU ARE NOT WILLING TO DESTROY
RULE III: KEEP YOUR FINGER OFF THE TRIGGER UNTIL YOUR SIGHTS ARE ON THE TARGET
RULE IV: BE SURE OF YOUR TARGET
4:00pm-5:30pm Shelley Hill & Brian Hill
Image Based Decisional Drills with Shelley Hill
Standards with Brian Hill
Today you have worked on your fundamentals, draw from concealment, and accuracy. This last block will focus on IMAGE BASED DECISIONAL drills and a STANDARDS.
We encourage you to take a photo of your qualification/standards target for your records and to continue your journey of high accuracy standards for yourself, your peers and your students. This course of fire will be printed and added to your Day 2 SWAG bag.