CLICK HERE for the "meat and potatoes" of The Mingle event. That main page is all about who's invited and how, skill level required, invites for past industry guests, invites for new attendees, and our featured charity. The details below are ONLY pertaining to The Mingle 2022.
CLICK HERE to go back to The Mingle 2022 specifics.
CLICK HERE to go back to The Mingle 2022 specifics.
The Mingle 2022 Projected Schedule
Please make note that each block/range will already have a medical protocol, primary and secondary medical responders, and transport vehicles in place. Review TM22 Training Blocks for details.
Saturday, May 21st, 2022:
Sunday, May 22nd, 2022:
- Arrive 8:00am to get parked (same designated areas) and then head to the 25 Yard Pistol Bay (E)
- 8:45am-9:30am EVERYONE needs to be at the 25 Yard Pistol Bay (E) BY 9am for The Mingle's Day 2 opening statements. We will review medical response plan and safety protocols. You MUST be present or you will not be able to participate in any live fire blocks.
- Report to your training block
- 9:45am - 12:45pm 3 hour training block
- THE MINGLING BEGINS!!! 1:00pm EVERYONE needs to be at the 25 Yard Pistol Bay (E). Training blocks are over and MINGLING begins! We will have lunch, networking, door prizes, HK firearm giveaway, Image Based Decisional Drills PROPS TABLE, SWAG bags and MORE!
- YES, as always, Chris North and Bryan will be interviewing designated Mingle guests!
- 5:30pm - 6:00pm The Mingle's 2022 closing statements and announcements
3 Hour Training Block
Brian Hill of The Complete Combatant: Cover and Obstructions
Learning to shoot around cover and obscured targets The armed defender should learn to use cover if it is available and accurately access available target size. In this class we will explore how to efficiently and accurately shoot targets from positions of cover while creating postural stability therefore minimizing the attackers ability to shoot back effectively. Sometimes targets are blocked by objects in between the shooter and the target. Correctly measuring the available target area to shoot without hitting cover or someone in the way is important skill. Proper ready positions, trigger finger, and muzzle discipline will be practiced allowing the armed citizen to have the best chance to survive and win. 150 rounds
"The Mingle Challenge Cards"
3 Hour Training Block
Lee Weems of First Person Safety: Abbreviated Trigger Management
Have you ever missed a shot and had someone tell you it was because you jerked the trigger, and when you asked how to fix it they told you not to jerk the trigger? Well, this class is for you.
Trigger management is suitable for both new and experienced shooters. This 3 hour block begins with a diagnostic session to show you what causes misses and how to fix them. From there, we will work on properly resetting the trigger during recoil.
Clubhouse & Range: 3 Hour COMBINED Training Block
Nathan Goode of NG Investigations : Protective Intelligence for the Citizen
An introduction to the world of Protective Intelligence, Situational Awareness and the Offensive Mindset will focus on normal citizens living situations in everyday life. You will learn how to see and stay situationally aware in an ever-changing world as fluid threats around us may emerge. Learning strategies, for threat avoidance, introduction to surveillance, surveillance detection and anti-stalking tactics. We will also discuss basics of counterintelligence and escaping volatile situations. You will understand how the mind, thinking and intelligence techniques are your best deterrent and weapon. During this, 1.5-hour intro, you will be taught in a classroom and in live, real-world case studies to apply the skills, preparedness and mindset techniques taught.
Prepared by NGI, Inc. for The Complete Combatant – The Mingle 2022
15 min. break
Howie Marbury of HM Training and Consulting : 3 Targets. 3 Distances
Below is all 3 training blocks COMBINED Gear List:
- LOCAL GUESTS, YOU WILL NEED TO BRING A CHAIR. IF YOU HAVE ROOM FOR ADDITIONAL CHAIRS THEN PLEASE BRING THEM FOR OUR OUT OF TOWN GUESTS.
- NON-LOCAL GUESTS, if you are flying in then please let me know and we will have a chair available for you!
- You will want to take notes during the classroom presentation. Be prepared.
- 250 rounds of ammo. NOTE: I always bring an extra 50 rounds when I attend a class
- 20 "DUMMY ROUNDS" for your block with Lee Weems
- HK will provide lunch BOTH DAYS (Chic-fila, BBQ, Moes, Subway, Zaxbys, Italian...you get the idea), and BOTTLED WATER ON THE RANGE. Please bring your own lunch/beverages if you have any dietary restrictions.
- Pistol w/holster that will not collapse when drawn (strong side, inside, outside waistband or appendix is fine)
- Both IRON sights and RED DOT sights are welcome
- Holsters that collapse (leather, soft, etc.) when drawn will NOT be allowed on our range. NO SERPA HOLSTERS will be allowed on our range. Please make note that if you show up with any of the above, we will ask you to CHANGE so you can comply with our range rules. If you do not have a back up gun then you can CHANGE to a HK VP9 and use a strong side Kydex holster that we will provide free of charge. Ammo not included
- NO SERPA HOLSTERS or collapsible LEATHER holsters
- Concealment garment is encouraged but not required.
- At least two spare magazines (the more the merrier)
- Magazine pouch/carrier
- A sturdy belt for the holster and magazine pouches (try your gear on prior to class)
- Eye & ear protection (foam inserts or muffs – electronic HIGHLY muffs recommended)
- "Back up” gun if you got it. If not, we will have a HK VP9 waiting for you to use
- Proper OUTDOOR weather attire
- A LARGE plastic bag to use as a barrier between your range gear and the ground (this is a life savor if the ground is wet). Consider bringing 2 bags so one can cover up your gear if raining
- Hat with bill.... this is WHY!
- Sunblock and bug spray (as needed)
- REMEMBER, we are happy to reserve a VP9 and holster for you to shoot all weekend. CLICK HERE for details.
HK's w iron sights = rent for FREE
HK's with red or greet pistol optics = SPECIAL discounted price of $35
More to Know:
- NO GUN HANDLING! Arrive with your firearm bagged/cased OR holstered. Each Coach will get you set up for their block. DO NOTHING until asked. If you handle your firearm at ANY TIME other than in a training session, on the line with your Coach, you will be asked to "empty, show clear and holster up". You will not be able to participate in any live fire classes from that point on. You will be invited to stay in your class, watch and learn. If you see anyone break this rule, please tell Brian or Shelley immediately and we will address. Thank you.
- You will sign 2 waivers and fill out a registration form on Saturday morning.
- There will be bottled h2o and/or large coolers with h2o and plastic cups on each range.
- We will add 2 Port-a-Pottys
- Please make sure the GEAR LIST is complete
- We will have a Medical Protocol IN PLACE for each range/classroom. We will provide "need to know" information the morning of Day 1 and review again the morning of Day 2.
- This is a rain or shine event so be prepared.
- Photos and videos will be taken.
- DO NOT contact the instructor with questions regarding their block. All questions will go through Shelley Hill.