CLICK HERE for the "meat and potatoes" of The Mingle event. That main page is all about who's invited and how, skill level required, invites for past industry guests, invites for new attendees, and our featured charity. The details below are ONLY pertaining to The Mingle 2023.
CLICK HERE to go back to The Mingle 2023 specifics.
CLICK HERE to go back to The Mingle 2023 specifics.
The Mingle 2023 Projected Schedule
Please make note that each block/range will already have a medical protocol, primary and secondary medical responders, and transport vehicles in place.
Saturday, May 20th, 2023
Sunday, May 21st, 2023:
RANGE "B": 3 Hour Training Block with Brian Hill
Brian Hill of The Complete Combatant: Topic: This block will be a modified version of Brian's Mixed 6 Drill adding the use of INERT POM PEPPER SPRAY to practice with. Expect BUSY hand drills, tool cycling, verbal commands and MORE!
"The Mingle Challenge Cards"
RANGE "E": 3 Hour Training Block with Stephannie Weidner and Kaery Dudenhoffer of ASP
Steph Weidner and Kaery Dudenhoffer of Active Self Protection
Title: Compressed Sniper Pistol: The Path to Perfection
Topic: Because of our work on Active Self Protection, the ASP's team focus is on the particular skills needed to prevail in a defensive encounter. Description would be: Do you think that having highly accurate hits at long distances is only true in fairy tales? Come take a trip with Team ASP as we head to Precision City, a place where you will find out that dreams really do come true!
Clubhouse "C" & Range "F": 3 Hour COMBINED Training Block
Sarah Hauptman of PHLster: Guests will start this block w Sarah in the clubhouse. There will be absolutely no gun handling in this class. We will be using blue guns (provided) only. You do not need to bring a holster or firearm to class. WE WILL HAVE A TEAM MEMBER AT THE HK SHOOT RANGE "F" WHICH IS THE 2ND HALF OF THIS 3 HOUR BLOCK. PLEASE DROP YOUR GEAR OFF AT RANGE "F" BEFORE YOU GO TO SARAH'S CLASS.
Title: Concealed Carry Basics for ALL Body Types
How do you conceal a gun on your body? Why do some holsters print (show through your clothes) more than others? Is your holster safe? How do you get good concealment on different body shapes?
This class is appropriate for all skill levels, including beginners. It includes a lecture portion on the fundamental principles of concealment, and interactive demonstrations where students will work together to address common concealment and comfort challenges, applying the skills and techniques from the lecture.
A variety of equipment will be provided for demonstrations and practice exercises. Bring a notebook to record your observations, and a phone or camera for taking pictures if you desire.
We will cover:
Please Note AGAIN:
You do not need to bring a holster or firearm to class. WE WILL HAVE A TEAM MEMBER AT THE HK SHOOT RANGE "F", WHICH IS THE 2ND HALF OF THIS 3 HOUR BLOCK. PLEASE DROP YOUR GEAR OFF AT RANGE "F" BEFORE YOU GO TO SARAH'S CLASS.
10 minute break between classes in this 3 hour block
HK SHOOT: Top Shot and PRIZES! The HK SHOOT is the 2nd half of this 3 hour block. Your gear is already here. You will be using the ammo and the HKs provided for you in the block but you will your need eyes and ears.
Co-Instructors = Howie Marbury of HM Training and Consulting and Shannon Pable of Shannon Pable Garden and Gun
Below are all 3 training blocks COMBINED Gear List:
- LOCAL GUESTS, YOU WILL NEED TO BRING A CHAIR. IF YOU HAVE ROOM FOR ADDITIONAL CHAIRS THEN PLEASE BRING THEM FOR OUR OUT OF TOWN GUESTS.
- NON-LOCAL GUESTS, if you are flying in then please let me know and we will have a chair available for you!
- You will want to take notes during the classroom presentation. Be prepared.
- 250 rounds of ammo. NOTE: I always bring an extra 50 rounds when I attend a class
- We will provide lunch BOTH DAYS, SNACKS and BOTTLED WATER ON THE RANGE. Please bring your own lunch/beverages if you have any dietary restrictions.
- Pistol w/holster that will not collapse when drawn (strong side, inside, outside waistband or appendix is fine)
- Both IRON sights and RED DOT sights are welcome
- Holsters that collapse (leather, soft, etc.) when drawn will NOT be allowed on our range. NO SERPA HOLSTERS will be allowed on our range. Please make note that if you show up with any of the above, we will ask you to CHANGE so you can comply with our range rules. If you do not have a back up gun then you can CHANGE to a HK VP9 and use a strong side Kydex holster that we will provide free of charge. Ammo not included
- NO SERPA HOLSTERS or collapsible LEATHER holsters. THIS IS WHY!
- Concealment garment is encouraged but not required.
- At least two spare magazines (the more the merrier)
- Magazine pouch/carrier
- A sturdy belt for the holster and magazine pouches (try your gear on prior to class)
- Eye & ear protection (foam inserts or muffs – electronic HIGHLY muffs recommended)
- "Back up” gun if you got it. If not, we will have a HK VP9 waiting for you to use
- Proper OUTDOOR weather attire
- A LARGE plastic bag to use as a barrier between your range gear and the ground (this is a life savor if the ground is wet). Consider bringing 2 bags so one can cover up your gear if raining
- Hat with bill.... this is WHY!
- Sunblock and bug spray (as needed)
- REMEMBER, we are happy to reserve a VP9 and holster for you to shoot all weekend. CLICK HERE for details.
HK's w iron sights = rent for FREE
HK's with red or greet pistol optics = SPECIAL discounted price of $35
More to Know:
- NO GUN HANDLING! Arrive with your firearm bagged/cased OR holstered. Each Coach will get you set up for their block. DO NOTHING until asked. If you handle your firearm at ANY TIME other than in a training session, on the line with your Coach, you will be asked to "empty, show clear and holster up". You will not be able to participate in any live fire classes from that point on. You will be invited to stay in your class, watch and learn. If you see anyone break this rule, please tell Brian or Shelley immediately and we will address. Thank you.
- You will sign 2 waivers and fill out a registration form on Saturday morning.
- There will be bottled h2o and/or large coolers with h2o and plastic cups on each range.
- We will add 2 - 3 Port-a-Pottys
- Please make sure the GEAR LIST is complete
- We will have a Medical Protocol IN PLACE for each range/classroom. We will provide "need to know" information the morning of Day 1 and review again the morning of Day 2.
- This is a rain or shine event so be prepared.
- Photos and videos will be taken.
- DO NOT contact the instructor with questions regarding their block. All questions will go through Shelley Hill.